Current Cases in Humboldt County
- 4 Confirmed positive cases
- +2 New confirmed case today
- 1 Fully recovered
- 1 Recovered
Current Cases in Hoopa, CA
- 0 Confirmed positive cases
COVID-19 Response Update
Updates from the Office of Emergency Services COVID-19 Response Team:
- Frozen meats, shelf-stable food items, and water for a food bank have been ordered.
- Digital Road signs have been ordered and will be placed below Trinity Valley Elementry School and at the end of Hoopa on the Weitchpec side stating, “Shelter in Place Order, Active in Hoopa”.
- HoopaOES.org is now live and available to the public.
- Our hotline at (530)625-8100 is now live for you to ask your questions via voicemail.
- You may email questions to email@example.com
- We are looking into obtaining Rapid Tests for K’ima:w Medical Center
- Current tests take around 3 days to get results and have to be sent to the county.
- Rapid tests take around 45 minutes and can be performed in house.
Information gathered from the Community:
- Food for People will be giving out food at 10 AM – 1 PM while supplies last on March 25, 2020.
- Hoopa Grocery Store
- Delivery coming in by Friday, March 27, 2020.
- They have two employees out front making sure shoppers sanitize their hands before entering.
- They are sanitizing carts before and after each use.
- Masks and gloves are required for employees.
- They have marked every 6 feet by the deli to maintain proper social distance.
- Delivery to elders for orders over $20. Cash or check only.
- Limit to 1 case of toilet paper, 1 case of water, and 1 hand sanitizer per customer
- Occupancy is limited to 30 shoppers. After 4 people leave they will allow 4 people in.
- Preferred elder’s shopping hours are 6 AM – 8 AM.