- Starting on Tuesday, May 26th, 2020, the Hoopa COVID Team will be delivering food boxes to all Hoopa Tribal Elders on the Reservation.
- Please keep in mind that food boxes will be delivered throughout the week. NOT all food boxes will be delivered on Tuesday, May 26th, 2020.
- On Wednesday, May 27th, 2020, the Hoopa COVID Team will hand out food boxes to ALL community members in Hoopa, CA.
- The location will be at the Hoopa Fire Department, starting at 12 PM until supplies last. Please know that supplies are very limited.
- Since last week, we saw over 20 new cases in Humboldt County. The Hoopa COVID Team wants to remind people to stay safe, continue to practice social distancing, and wear face masks when appropriate.
- TOTAL COVID-19 TESTS CONDUCTED
- Humboldt County: 4,645 tests conducted (+682 additional since last report)
- K’ima:w Medical Center: 92 tests conducted (+2 additional since last report)
- TOTAL COVID-19 TESTS PENDING
- K’ima:w Medical Center: 2 pending (+0 additional since last report)
- TOTAL ACTIVE CASES
- Humboldt County: 27 active cases (+7 additional since last report)
- K’ima:w Medical Center: 0 active case (+0 additional since last report)
- Stay-at-Home order is active in Hoopa, CA due to COVID-19 Pandemic
- Curfew is currently in effect from 10 PM to 4 AM every day
- The Hoopa Valley Tribal Office of Emergency Services is deciding to maintain the reservation closure.
- The Hoopa Valley Tribal OES plans to continually assess the COVID pandemic situation and make moves towards reopening once appropriate.
- In detail, we are developing an opening schedule to fit our population’s needs and intend to adjust as needed.
- Be advised, we are also not allowing people outside the reservation river access nor access to Tribal Property during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- Per Title 72, people or non-residents can be cited and escorted off the reservation.
- The Hoopa Valley Reservation is still closed at this time to tourism and nonresidents, until further notice.